Friends of the Israel Defense Forces Annual Gala Dinner
(212) 244-3118 Ext. 41
P r e s s R e l e a s e
The Friends of the Israel Defense Forces (FIDF) Annual Gala Dinner
Wednesday, March 28th
The Waldorf Astoria Hotel, Manhattan, NY.
Doors open for auction at 5:30pm
Reception at 6:00pm
Dinner & Program 7:30pm
The Friends of the Israel Defense Forces Annual Gala Dinner is one of the premiere fundraising events in Manhattan, with more than 1,200 business and philanthropic leaders attending to show their support for the Israeli soldiers. Friends of the Israel Defense Forces is a nonprofit organization initiating and helping to support social, educational, cultural and recreational programs and facilities for the young men and women soldiers of Israel who defend the Jewish homeland. The FIDF also provides support for families of fallen soldiers
As in the past eight years, the Dinner Chairman is Mr. Benny Shabtai, President of Raymond Weil, and MSNBC anchor Monica Crawly, will once again serve as the evening’s Master of Ceremony. Israel’s Ambassador to the U.S., Sallai Meridor, Israel’s Consul General in New York, Ambassador Arye Mekel, and Israel’s Defense Attaché to the US, Major General Dan Harel, will attend the dinner among other dignitaries.
This year FIDF will honor the brave soldiers who fought in Lebanon and Gaza this past summer. The evening will be a memorable and moving experience, as well as a rare opportunity to pay tribute to the State of Israel and to deliver the crucial message to the soldiers: “You will never stand alone!”
The Program for the Gala Dinner is exciting and extremely unique!
- Ten soldiers who fought on the frontlines and will tell their personal heroic stories.
- A special live-satellite broadcast will link the Waldorf = Astoria in New York with IDF personnel serving on the front lines in Israel.
- Guests will also hear, via satellite, Israel’s newly elected Chief of Staff, Lieutenant General Gabi Ashkenazi, who will give a special briefing of the latest developments in Israel.
- Galit Ram, the wife of fallen reserve soldier Elad Ram, will be a honored as a special dinner guest. After her husband’s death in Lebanon this past summer, she received Elad’s blood-covered diary, in which he describes his last days in Lebanon-- his last words were written 4 days prior to his death.
- In accordance with FIDF Gala Dinner tradition, the IDF Orchestra will join us again this year, infusing the evening with Israeli sounds and spirit.
- A Silent Auction will take place prior to the program.
For more information, please contact Ifat Bechor, Tri-State Marketing Director of the Friends of the IDF, at (212) 244-3118 Ext. 41, or email@example.com