Prof. Avshalom Mizrachy: "My Guide to Your Health"
by Gad Nahshon
"I am a biologist. For forty years I dedicated my life to science. Most of my work has been based on the Western approach to life, to nature, biology, and to science. But one day I had a chance to learn abut homeopathy. I was also personally treated by it. Then I figured out that homeopathy is a different approach to nature and I figured out that homeopathy can cure as well... I believed as a distinguished scientist in my ability to understand nature and its elements. But when I learned about homeopathy, I realized that I still have a lot to study about nature and about the meaning of life. And I realized the depth of the way that homeopathy is related to them," confessed Prof. Avshalom Mizrachy, who from Tel-Aviv has enriched us again with his new guide for better health, better ways of life, better medicine, and lists of "do's" and "don'ts" so that we will gain better health, better life on our eternal search for happiness.
The book, To Live Healthy - Life, Health, Medicine and Illness - The Holistic Approach (Focus, Ramat-Gan, 2003. www.focusco.il or 011-972-3-5745513) is Prof. Mizrachy's third one. He is a preacher for alternative medicine, holistic medicine, homeopathy, and he is also a lobbyist, active in achieving a positive approach to his preaching from the health or medical establishment in Israel.
In this analytical guide of 386 pages, Mizrachy often shares with the readers some of his personal biography. The legacy of his Yemenite beloved parents, his scientific background and his personal daily life costumes as well. He lives according to his preaching but there is one more aspect to this teaching. Prof. Mizrachy is a well known teacher and lecturer. He always tries to show that concepts of health, alternative medicine, the ideal ways of life, can be traced to the Jewish civilization and history.
In his book on the Yemenite kitchen, he argued that the Yemenite Jews (and he is a Yemenite Israeli) developed the ideal way of life, a unique formula for good health! In this book he argued that homeopathy is a Jewish approach to life and health: "one can find the existence of the law of homeopathy in the Jewish mystic or the Hasidut movement. There, this law is in its grass roots, pure form," writes Mizrachy or to cure people by using snake. Of course, one can find homeopathy in the Jewish-Yemenite culture as well. (For example: the homeopathic concept of curing fear by using fear).
Prof. Mizrachy, a respected scientist, worked for many years (bio-technology) at the prestigious Israeli Institute for Biological Research at Nez-Ziona. He conducted many pioneer researches, for example, on the special characteristics of honey. (As a medicine, even in treatment of cancer!) This research of bees pushed him to look into our nature, a new look. Then he became an advocate of alternative and holistic medicine.
Prof. Mizrachy is the academic Director of Israel's most advanced Ridman College, The International College For Complementary Medicine in Tel-Aviv (3,000 students)! He is also the Dean of the faculty of Naturopathy. Mizrachy summarizes his own philosophy of health in his new book: To Live Healthy, and the following are some highlights from this illuminating guide:
- Homeopathy is the future medicine: medicine should come only from nature and there is not need for laboratories. Homeopathy is the art of questions, non-stop questions and then comes the right medicine from nature. For example, the Bamba (bamboo shoots).
- The magic of antibiotics has evaporated. We became slaves of these drugs which have side effects. (We used antibiotics for animals too!) We became slaves of a commercial lobby of antibiotic corporations. We learned that the population target of these drugs learn to defend themselves, to survive. The solution: there are antibiotics inside of nature, the ones without side effects!
- Learn the value of water, clean water. Learn about the value of the sea.
- Meat is bad for our health. In principle, Judaism preaches to be vegetarian. The Jewish sages did not like meat because of health and morality.
- Try to avoid milk or dairy products! Milk is for the cows, not for us! Exception: yogurt is recommended. Mizrachy expressed his objection to the fact that the Israelis love dairy products. This love in a health disaster. Of course, he warned us against using sugar (the white killer). The ideal alternative: honey and more honey! Mizrachy writes: eat little, three times a day.
- There is a terrible contradiction between health and our progress. We must reach the proper balance.
- We must remember the relations between health and soul or spirit. We must understand that belief and religion means better health. We must encounter our daily mental pressures. We need to immune our soul. We need optimism, hope, meditation, we need laughter, to liberate our soul. We must live the right balanced life. Prof. Mizrachy argues that praying has power. By praying for others we can have an influence on their welfare.
- Health also means: modesty, do not be jealous, pray, help other people, be a philanthropist, be happy with the little that you have and sleep well. Do not go to sleep very late. The health of your soul is as important as the health of your body. Homeopathy is a "spiritual medicine." The power of the spirit is important for your health.
- Health means also to live according to your biological clock. There is a new science which researched this issue: chrono-medicine. For example, eating late at night is detrimental to our health (fat and mental problems).
- We must develop our belief, our prayer, our spirit. The spiritual element in our health is very important. There is a new science which researched this: psycho-neuro-immunology. There is a positive correlation between the power of the soul and our physical health. The power of the spirit reinforces our immune system.
Return to Health ArchivesBack to Top